Senior Events Manager
Management Agency for Associations
London, SE1 with travel UK/Global
Basic Salary £40,000-£48,000 dependant on experience
Permanent, Full Time
A covering letter in addition to your CV is essential to be considered for the role.
Our client a management agency for associations is currently looking for a senior Events Manager/Director who can lead the development and delivery of our growing global events programme, including the premier international event in this sector, the World Summit, Expo and Awards, the World Congress series, and numerous conferences, webinars and member meetings, physical, virtual and hybrid.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone passionate about these game-changing industries, able to share our vision and ambition to grow our events series into the best in their field, and to develop compelling features to attract large and high quality audiences. This is a critical role in strengthening the influence of the organisations we represent and in securing their and their members’ growth. You will also be joining a dedicated team on a mission to make a difference within dynamic and fast growing sectors.
What will I be doing?
You'll be responsible for the management and delivery of all events throughout the year. As part of the Leadership Team you will work with the Chief Executive, Financial Controller, Head of Comms, Policy, Public Affairs, Technical, Sales and Marketing managers to deliver our events and ensure they are always contributing to our mission as well as our bottom line. You will also contribute to the development of our future events strategy through evaluation and research.
- At a strategic level working with the leadership team to review and develop the event format for each event, to achieve high satisfaction levels for all stakeholders, including campaign messages and KPIs
- Leading on the planning and delivery of all events from conception to completion, including all logistics and operations
- Working closely with the Financial Controller to create and manage budgets, providing updates and reporting to the leadership team.
- Negotiating contracts with 3rd parties and managing delivery to maximise margins
- Assuming line management responsibility for the Conference Producer and wider team – including holiday sign off, mentoring, monthly catch ups, reviews and escalations
- Building, maintaining and developing strong relationships and managing expectations with sponsors, exhibitors and wider client stakeholders
- Developing project timelines and ensuring milestones are met
- Creating management plans and technical run sheets for use on-site, including resource planning
- Managing on-site event delivery – in the UK and overseas, sometimes working weekends and evenings as required.
- Post event evaluation – analysing data and compiling reports.
What will I Need?
A keen interest in sustainability, plus:
- At least five years’ experience organising and delivering international conferences, exhibitions and awards events - in this role you will have responsibility for the end to end delivery of domestic and international in-person, digital and hybrid events ranging in size from roundtables to large-scale expos (3,000+ delegates)
- The ability to manage complex budgets, specifically for cost-neutral events
- An understanding of how to deliver events to ensure maximum financial return
- The ability to provide timely management account reporting
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintain excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written, presentation skills)
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience of using online communications software
- Experience in populating and maintaining websites
- An ability to maintain high standards of customer service and delivery
- A confident, personable and creative personality
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with senior personnel within member organisations
- An ability to take the initiative and develop your own ideas
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and purpose
- Be a team player
- A willingness to travel, both in the UK and abroad
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Research skills
- Experience of using a website “Content Management System” in particular for data capture forms and publishing directories
- Good copywriting skills
- Knowledge of marketing and communications
If you think this is you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please send your CV and a covering letter. Both are essential to be considered.
Due to the volume of applications we are only able to contact successful applicants. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
membershipbespoke is acting as recruitment business in relation to this role. membershipbespoke positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
membershipbespoke remains the only specialist recruitment organisation in the UK, which offers a dedicated service tailored to the needs of Trade Associations, Unions, Professional and Regulatory Bodies.