Marketing Officer. Professional Body. Central London. Full Time Permanent Role. £33,272 plus benefits.
Our client is a highly respected and established professional body in the medical sector are looking for a talented and enthusiastic marketer to provide marketing advice and support to a number of separate business functions, helping them achieve their ambitious and varied objectives.
These functions include a Health Scheme, a charity as well as the organisations own marketing function.
From writing copy for a range of audiences and a number of different purposes, to managing design and print, to organising and attending events, your marketing skills must be well honed to help deliver a range of activities central to the marketing plans for each business function.
You will need excellent time management skills to deliver planned marketing activities within the time allocated to each business function, whilst at the same time managing expectations. You will also need strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain successful working relationships.
- Understanding the objectives of the separate entities and providing marketing support to achieve these;
- Helping to identify target audiences, and developing marketing initiatives to reach these;
- Developing and implementing marketing plans
- Conducting market research for business functions as required;
- Acting as project manager for relevant marketing projects, maintaining overall responsibility for tasks and their deadlines;
- Copy writing for different audiences, purposes, and mediums - including digital, social and print;
- Digital marketing across all channels, including email, updating the website, social media, and SEO
- Writing briefs and briefing designers and agencies on creative content;
- Proofing designs and copy, and making amends where necessary;
- Building and maintaining good relationships with the business functions covered by the role - ensuring clear, consistent communication;
- Managing the marketing budget by ensuring activities are delivered to plan, to a high standard, on time and on budget;
- Organising brand presence at exhibitions and events including Crufts;
- Marketing of events, particularly the Discussion Forum
- Forming excellent working relationships with external suppliers, including design, print, and research agencies to ensure the business functions get excellent service and maximum return
Other duties commensurate with the role as agreed with the Head of Marketing.
Knowledge, skills and expertise
- Previous experience of working within a marketing role;
- Excellent copy writing and proof reading skills, and experience of writing copy for different audiences and different mediums;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, ensuring each business function receives the time designated to them;
- Experience of working with agencies and designers, and providing clear briefs;
- Ability to make complex scientific copy accessible to a wider audience
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy;
- A flexible and adaptable approach;
- The ability to manage budgets;
- Marketing or related degree required.
- Experience of working for a charity, membership body, or animal welfare organization
- Interest in animal welfare
- Experience of digital marketing including social media, SEO, and email marketing;
- Proven project management experience;
- Understanding and experience of events.