Events & Training Manager
Trade Body – Financial Services Membership Base
Location – Hybrid. Can work remotely but must be able to get to London, SE2 for meetings and travel UK-wide to events
Salary £50k Pro-rata
Start ASAP - FTC 6 months
Our client, a trade body for financial services, is currently looking for an Events & Training Manager who, as a member of the events and training team of 10, will work across an exciting range of physical and virtual training and events activities such as workshops, webinars, conferences and networking dinners. In addition, under the supervision of the Director of Events & Training the postholder, will have a specific responsibility for building a new program of technical briefings.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone passionate about events, with experience of working for a trade body in the professional services arena. You will used to organising high-pressure and highprofile conferences, training workshops and networking events. You will enjoy working with a blue-chip membership base, be committed to consistently delivering to a high standard, and embody the organisational values of integrity, excellence and leadership.
What will I be doing?
- Build a new program of Technical Briefings
- On-site event management and delivery of the wide range of physical and virtual events delivered by the Events & Training Team
- Coordinate planning meetings for projects
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to guarantee a smooth flow of information
- Work within an existing framework of standard operating procedures for events and training to ensure key deadlines are met and stakeholders are updated.
- Manage audio-visual technology platform and suppliers
- Ensure CRM systems are updated in line with organisation policy
- Provide support to event sponsors and partners
- Liaise closely with procurement to ensure cost efficiencies are maximised
- Adhere to financial and administrative processes
- Ensure supplies and materials are to the expected high standard
What will I Need?
A keen interest in financial services, plus experience of working for a trade association:
- At least five years’ experience of conference production and event logistics
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and juggle multiple, diverse workflows simultaneously
- The ability to maintain excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written, presentation skills)
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Advanced PowerPoint
- An ability to maintain high standards of customer service and delivery
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with senior personnel within member organisations
- An ability to take the initiative and develop your own ideas
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and purpose
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A willingness to travel and work flexibly, and outside of normal office hours, as part of a team working on early morning or late evening events
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Research skills
- Experience of working with multiple sponsors and meeting their expectations while maintaining brand integrity
- Good copywriting skills
- Knowledge of event marketing and communications
- Experience of using Salesforce-based CRM systems
If you think this is you, then we’d love to hear from you!